(Update October 31: Giveaway has ended) Enter for a Chance to Win a Free Drawing DVD: Lee Hammond's Lifelike Drawing DVD

The giveaway has ended.

Congrats to our winners:

Raymond Morris from Eva, AL, USA

and

Roberta Wilson from Wenham, MA, USA!

The Art Colony is pleased to offer you a chance to

win a free copy of

Lee Hammond's Lifelike Drawing DVD

- an 83-minute video workshop that demonstrates techniques for creating lifelike drawings in pencil. In this video, Lee Hammond shows you the steps to drawing a simple vase, a furry dog, a layered rose and a textured pineapple.

To get an idea of the type of art that is demonstrated in this video, check out the drawings on the DVD's cover (shown below).

For this giveaway, we have TWO brand-new DVDs to give away to TWO lucky winners! Both DVDs are unopened and in their original packaging. This DVD works in all regions.

How to Participate:

To enter this Giveaway, all you have to do is reply to this discussion by telling us:

"Why would you like to win this DVD?"

or

"What would you use the info in this DVD to create?"

Please type your response in the "Reply to This" box at the bottom of this page.

Rules:

You can reply to this discussion as many times as you want, (as we would like to encourage interaction), but your name will only be entered into the drawing once. Everyone who answers this question will be assigned a number. At the end of the giveaway, a number will be randomly selected and whoever was assigned that number will be the winner. Conversation is encouraged, but people who respond in this thread without answering either question will not be entered into the giveaway.

All entries must be posted in the "Reply to this" box at the bottom of this page. Any responses sent via email, private message, or posted elsewhere on the site will not be counted, so be sure to post your message in the Reply box at the bottom of this page.

The giveaway ends on October 30, 2013 at midnight PST. A winner will be announced within 2 days of the end of the giveaway. The winner must provide their name and mailing address in order to receive the prize. If the winner does not respond within 2 weeks of winning, the prize is forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.

There is no cost or fee to participate. Any potential taxes, import duties or other fees relating to the receipt of this book are the responsibility of the winner.

This is an international giveaway, so it's open to all of our members from around the world. The book will be shipped to you at our expense.

These DVDs were donated to the Art Colony as giveaway prizes by North Light Books, publisher of high-quality art instruction books and videos. Any trademarks or copyrighted material used in this promotion are the property of the respective owners and are used with permission from North Light Books.
Below you can see the front cover of the DVD:
Here's the back cover of the DVD:

Ready to enter? Post below and let us know:

"Why would you like to win this DVD?"

or

"What would you use the info in this DVD to create?"

----

Please note: Depending on your notification settings, you might receive updates to this thread every time someone posts a reply. To turn this off, click the link at the bottom of this page that says "Stop Following". It looks like this:

When you click that link at the bottom of this page, it will unsubscribe you. If you click that button and continue to receive updates to this thread, please clear your cache and make sure that you have javascript enabled, and then click the button again. The process for clearing your cache depends on your browser, so if you are unsure how to do this, google "clear cache + (your browser - IE 8, Firefox, Chrome, etc)". You could also try clicking the button using a different computer and/or browser.

An alternative solution is to change your email notification settings by visiting your Settings page (http://community.art-is-fun.com/profiles/profile/emailSettings), then scroll down to "Activity" and untick the box for "On items I comment on". Be sure to click the orange "Save" button when you are done, or else the changes won't take effect.

Please note that only you are able to turn off the notifications you receive and only you can unfollow yourself from discussions. The moderators do not have access to your notifications, settings or subscriptions so they cannot do this for you - you'll need to do this yourself by following the directions above.

----

Thank you for participating, and good luck!!

Views: 1268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel like this DVD would help me in drawing better portraits of my grandchildren. Would like to leave them something for when they get old and have grandchildren they can show them their portraits. Lee Hammond is a good instructor. I can learn some valuable things from this DVD that will help.

I love using oil pastels and acrylics, but have not worked that much with pencil. I would love to work on my drawing skills and create more realistic animals and people. I am interested also in creating textures in pencil. Books just don't show enough and YouTube video's can be hard to see and follow, but a DVD sounds like the best way to learn!   

I would like to use this tutorial because I am an art teacher to kids ages 12 - 15 and photo-realism is not my strength. I would learn to do it better and then teach teens in return.

I need this CD because I really need to learn how to draw lifelike instead of copying someone's else work, especially roses and other flowers, and to pass my knowledge to my sons. They really like to draw and paint as much as I do.

I'd like to win this DVD, because I would like to learn how to do realistic shading in pencil. I find it much easier to do in charcoal, but I'd like to learn how to do it in pencil.

What an awesome Giveaway!!!  I would love to win Lee Hammond"s DVD on Lifelike Drawing. I am constantly striving to add realism to my drawings. I know that this DVD is going to be very helpful to me in that  regard. It will be a wealth of knowledge that I will enjoy learning from. It will also be a great resource to have as well. Lee Hammond is a fantastic artist and I have always admired her work. I would truly love the chance to learn from her. Thank you so much for this great opportunity and consideration.

This would be a great reference to my passion of drawing portraits. I believe the instructions and suggestions I would learn from this material would be invaluable in my quest to further enhance and improve my objective of creating lifelike/ realistic portraits and still life. Also Ms. Lee Hammond is one of the artist I truly admire not only for her artistic talents, but for her dedication to her work and in helping beginning artists such as myself to improve and become better artists.

I would love to win this wonderful DVD. Some friends have asked me to paint their furry friends and  feel this would help me get more realistic looks.

The reason I would like to win this great DVD is two-fold.

Although I enjoy painting, I really am unable to draw.  I've heard people say that an artist should first learn to draw before moving forward to another medium.  I agree AND disagree with that statement.  

Knowing how to draw would definitely make me a better artist.  I currently feel stuck at this beginner skill level I've been at for about 13 years now.  I have heard the same advice over and over regarding drawing and that is to practice, practice, practice as much as you can.  I really want to learn how to draw properly. My friends who have seen my paintings, mostly abstract with a few landscapes, think I can draw as well.  I so wish I could.  I have a few sketch books.  One from High School and another purchased by my husband (passed away in August).  And now that I have also lost my job, I should have some time on my hands to do much practice.

Thanks for your consideration.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our giveaway!

The 2 winners are...

Raymond Morris from Eva, AL, USA

and

Roberta Wilson from Wenham, MA, USA!

Congratulations, Raymond and Roberta!

----

Thank you again to everyone who participated.

Please check back in November for the next giveaway!

In the meantime, Happy Art-Making!! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service