I like to ask for..... please let me know about your experiens with winsor newton artistś acrylics. I think they are very good and I like to buy them, but they are expensive, so I need to know whether they are REALLY so good .o))).

Many thanks!! Iveta

Views: 1242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for taking the time to provide the information.  Appreciated!

Marie

Hi Iveta ~ I prefer to use Liquitex acrylics ~ heavy body formula. I like to use acrylics for several reasons: (1) they are easier to clean up (in water); (2) they dry fast; (3) if you make errors, they are forgiving because you can correct them by painting over the mistake; (4) they are cheaper to buy than oils; and (5) I like painting in layers. I once read somewhere that acrylics are not user-friendly as opposed to oils because acrylics dry quickly, but I totally disagree ~ it would drive me crazy to have to wait a long time for my art work to dry! Also, I use Grumbacher gloss medium & varnish to finish my work. All of this works well for me.

Dear Sharon, really many thanks for sharing your experiences with me (us), I am so glad to have this chance to know new things on this pages!!!!  I really bless our moderators for their great idea to set up this pages!!!!

Sharon, your informations are very important for me, THANK YOU!!!!

Iveta, thank-you for asking and all the great advice on paints, etc that you received. I was wondering the same about different acrylic paints that are out there. It's all good to know!

I have used DecoArt on canvas before - especially when I was having trouble mixing a color from my tubes of paint.  When I decided I wanted to paint - many years ago, I would buy a tube of paint at the grocery store - one tube every two weeks (I was single with 3 kids).  I got paintbrushes in the between weeks and worked my way up.  I didn't have time or money for lessons and they didn't have the computers yet so I just winged it and studied books and pics from the library.  I had such fun and it helped me stay busy when the kids were gone with their father.  Had to quit when I was working through school - took forever but got my Master's degree.  I must have some kind of stubborn streak - I'll be an artist some day!! lol 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service