an artist would always like what she makes. Please remark on this piece I have finished a few days ago. Thanks

Views: 359

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful! I like the balance of colors and designs. I also like how you combined abstract elements with some recognizable imagery such as the face, elephant, fish, etc. This is really great!

I love this. It really shows the symbols along with the more abstract elements and I particularly like the way some of the symbols like the elephant stand out from the rest. It took a long time for this to open on my iPad but it was worth the wait :)

I don't see anything to critique...it's just beautiful!!  :-D

Thanks Thaneeya

Thaneeya McArdle said:

Beautiful! I like the balance of colors and designs. I also like how you combined abstract elements with some recognizable imagery such as the face, elephant, fish, etc. This is really great!

thanks Yvonne

Yvonne Ryves said:

I love this. It really shows the symbols along with the more abstract elements and I particularly like the way some of the symbols like the elephant stand out from the rest. It took a long time for this to open on my iPad but it was worth the wait :)

Thanks Timothy, you made my day :)

Timothy Messer said:

I don't see anything to critique...it's just beautiful!!  :-D

I think the painting is good as it is, nothing to critique. The colors are matching great and there is a lot to see in it.

The colors are not shining, but I guess that is the photo. And even if not, this is a matter of personal taste how you like it.

I love this piece of work it is lively and vibrant and the colors are great. I love the designs which look very symbolic and reminisent of India. A beautiful work of art.

Hi Sandi..you know I have never tried to interpret my paintings. I like bright colours and motifs and amalgamation of whatever I feel like stuffing in there. Of course some of my other paintings are inspired from this and that but that I always add in the description. This one is a tribute to human life and beyond. That door you see is a door to the other side.

I LOVE this! Its a wonderful composition. I am usually not  very fond of abstract , but this looks like something special and its easy to feel good about it.  I can read a sense of safety in this,. of security and home. Elephants are symbolic of Courage and strength. That with the circles show completeness. There is harmony and balance here. Anyway those are the feelings that come up when I look at this painting and that's why I love it. ;-) GREAT JOB!

If the door is to be the assumed center of interest, the black area below it (white outline and black background) is distracting.  Put some color in that area and it's done. 

if it was square and 8 foot by ten,if you were a "famous artist"this would sell for thousands..maybe tens of thousands.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service