kindly tell me can i paint like leonid afremov in acrylics?....i mean i love his paintings but .i have some difficulty with oils".....i want to ask whether i can paint like him in acrylics?....he paints with knives andin oils....so if i paint like him in acrylics will it be like him or the colors will be so lively like his paintings or not?....like this painting of him...

Views: 143

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Believe it or not, I have successfully done a few "inspired by" Leonid Afremov using a make up sponge. You know those little triangles. Try putting one (square side down) in each color. Loosely plot out your course, red here, blue here, yellow bridging the gap. Put the bulk of the colors in their spots without invading the other color. Using a clean sponge start bridging the colors. Play with it and have fun. Do not over mix the paints!

I too have attempted his style, and I think my biggest problem is always mixing the paints...I dont know if its mechanics or habit or instinct, but I end up blending and going too far. Maybe at some point I will attempt oils, but I am not ready yet.

http://community.art-is-fun.com/photo/dscn0892

I did this with a flat 1/2 brush. I patted it so most of the square edge can be seen. I need to work on the bench though. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service