"In Your Style" ~ Giraffe Challenge ~ 05-01-2016

It's time for a new challenge! This week we have a couple lovely photos of a beautiful giraffe.  

(Image courtesy of pix).

We would like you to use the reference/inspiration photo to create a piece "In Your Style".

This Challenge is open to all artists, whatever your medium.

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread. We're looking forward to seeing the diversity in art created by one reference/inspiration photo!

You should alter the images to create your own work.

Views: 953

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So cute. 

Pat said:

Nice Rita. I'm happy to you joined in.

Rita Lulay Malsch said:

Precious

Pat Simkanin said:

I thought this little guy needed "A Mothers Love".

Thank you. 

Sherry Tinerella said:

Love this. 

Patricia Mary Havemann said:

Decided to try but very difficult for me.

Hoop art with giraffe fabric embellished with metallic fabric paint. Hanging in my apartment building hallway. I have craft pieces all over the building. I'm grateful as it's gov't housing.

Hoop art with African type fabric. The drawing of the giraffe is done by a child. It's amazing. If you look closely, you can see little sayings and all sorts of things. Made this for my grand daughter. She has mainly giraffes of all types and other animals in her room. Her room is decorated by a loving grandma.

Very nice piece, Cathey! You are so creative!

Cathey E. DeRosa said:

Hoop art with giraffe fabric embellished with metallic fabric paint. Hanging in my apartment building hallway. I have craft pieces all over the building. I'm grateful as it's gov't housing.

I think you did a nice job Kathy.

Kathy Orrell said:

Decided to try but very difficult for me.

Nice job on both Cathey.
Cathey E. DeRosa said:

Here's mine. Turned out well I think. Watercolor. Thank you for the inspiration!

Nice work, Amy!

Amy Collier said:

Here's mine. Turned out well I think. Watercolor. Thank you for the inspiration!

It did turn out well Amy, nice job!

Amy Collier said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service