It's not the destination or where you have come from.
It's the ride and the Journey.

Here I am adding the cliffs and doing multiple washes of color.

More washes and added the highway lines...note to self do mask lines first...painting yellow over black does not work so well. lol

Here I started making shapes, shadows and patterns in the rock.

This is as far as I have travelled on this painting for now going to take a break and will post more of my progress as it developes. Hope you enjoy the journey with me.

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice job so far........thanks for posting your progress Cat........I love seeing that.

What Pat said :-)

Here I'm starting to rough in shrubs and some shadow on the highway.

Looking good Cat!

Love seeing your process Cat, thanx for sharing!

Interesting. I loved the seeing it take shape!! Thank you for showing us how to do it. 

Well I have started to change the mountain area on the LH side I've added texture cactus and dust on the highway. I used drywall compound on the cactus so they are almost 3D and really textured. Had to wait 48hrs to dry to then start adding color and details...needed a break from this one just getting back at it.

Looks really good Cat.

Shown here is the use of Joint compount and acrylic paint to build texture in the painting.

Here I am darkening the cactus and adding shadow detail.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service