Want to participate in a charity event....artists will decorate plastic lunch trays...remember those!!! I design mandalas ....using watercolor, pens, Prismacolor permanent markers. Does anyone have advice? I am wondering if the permanent markers would work. I do not want to invest in a whole new medium for this project. I realize I would have to seal it when finished. Would love any advice. Thank you,
Mary Margaret

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

might wnt to sand or scuff up the trays before using the marker on them. not deep or nyting just so that its not already sealed plastic,if its sealed the marker wouldn't mark right even with a perm marker, it would leave splotchy spots

Thank you, Jennifer. It will probably have some kind of seal on it. Might get one and try it....prepping it first. Might work; might not. Will be interesting!!!
Mmh
Sorry....I meant to say Jenny, not Jennifer!! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service