Welcome to the monthly theme for April. Artwork and comments welcome from everyone!!!!

This month's theme is - LEAVES

The theme is open to all artists whatever your medium.

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread.

These should be new pieces completed with this theme in mind. 

Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below. Click here for instructions on how to add an image to your forum post. This is important if you want people to be able to see your artwork!

To add your artwork, please use the "Reply to Discussion" box at the bottom of the page, NOT the "+ Add" button at the top of the page. (Otherwise your artwork will not show up in this thread.)

If you want to comment on someone's submission please do so here.

I can't wait to see how you interpret this - abstract, realistic, collage etc... so many opportunities for all. 

Donna

Views: 2170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, I just opened my newletter and this months theme popped right out.  I have a leaves painting just completed and will be in a big show in Richmond Virginia in a couple of weeks.

I hope it can start off this months theme with a bang!  The piece is called "Changes"  and is a 36" x 48" oils on canvas.

With best wishes,

Delmus

PS, if this doesn't fit the threads rules, I'll understand if it's removed.

Though painting is my favorite, I don't recall painting leaves. Here is a necklace I made, pendant is  polymer clay, silver leafing and glazes.

is this painting or photography.......looks real

Delmus Phelps said:

Wow, I just opened my newletter and this months theme popped right out.  I have a leaves painting just completed and will be in a big show in Richmond Virginia in a couple of weeks.

I hope it can start off this months theme with a bang!  The piece is called "Changes"  and is a 36" x 48" oils on canvas.

With best wishes,

Delmus

PS, if this doesn't fit the threads rules, I'll understand if it's removed.

The pumpkin and the leaf were done with traditional watercolor and then scanned into the computer.  The leaf was replicated a number of times and color adjustments were made and then the work was combined in Photoshop to create "The Journey To Autumn" .. thanks for peeking at my work.  Hugs....Charlie

My gosh, these look as though they might blow away.  Perfectly done work!  Hugs...Charlie

 

This is gorgeous work!  Hugs...Charlie

Brandi Alltizer said:

Though painting is my favorite, I don't recall painting leaves. Here is a necklace I made, pendant is  polymer clay, silver leafing and glazes.


Lovely work

 Thank you so very much Piya ... you taking the time to comment is appreciated.  Hugs...Charlie

Piya Shrimanglam said:


Lovely work

It is a painting! Oils on canvas.  thanks for the compliment!

Best wishes.

Delmus

Piya Shrimanglam said:

is this painting or photography.......looks real

Delmus Phelps said:

Wow, I just opened my newletter and this months theme popped right out.  I have a leaves painting just completed and will be in a big show in Richmond Virginia in a couple of weeks.

I hope it can start off this months theme with a bang!  The piece is called "Changes"  and is a 36" x 48" oils on canvas.

With best wishes,

Delmus

PS, if this doesn't fit the threads rules, I'll understand if it's removed.

Nice job Delmus, i love all your flemish paintings

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

 

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

 

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service