Welcome to our first monthly abstract art theme!

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread. These should be new pieces completed this month.

You have until 30 August to submit here and then I will close the thread. Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below. (Click here for instructions on how to add an image to your post.)

This month's theme is:

FOUND ABSTRACTS

Look at something in real life, and select which parts of it to draw, paint, sculpt, etc.

Add colors, designs, patterns, and any other embellishments you can think of.

See the 1st post below for examples!

(Interpret the theme any way you wish--there are no other requirements!)

Artwork and comments welcome from everyone!

Have fun!

Views: 631

Replies to This Discussion

Decided to abstract my keys and could not resist a little "zentangling" This appears in my sketchbook and was done with black Sharpie markers.
Attachments:

Grace - Thank you! I was inspired by your geometric abstract style and your color choices.  Usually my abstracts contain every color of the rainbow, so it is fun and educational to try using limited colors - something I will continue to explore.  So thank you for the inspiration! :)

Marilyn - Your abstract, Zentanged keys rock!  It's amazing how the shapes of the keys look abstract themselves.

I'm posting this clever work by Rusty, which you can also see and read about here: http://community.art-is-fun.com/forum/topics/pressies

"You could of course having it face the other way"

"Or even horizontal"

"and then you can face it so that you can read it"

I thought it was very cool how he turned my last name into an abstract work of art, so I thought it would be fitting to add to this "Found Abstracts" thread!

Better late than never... Here's my other Found Abstract that I did in August:

Based on a seed pod that I found, which already has quite an abstract, mandala-like shape:

It was fun to make an abstract based on this seed pod, because it forced me to really look at it and notice all the details and how the different parts are arranged.

Even though this is a "monthly theme" thread I'll leave it open so that newcomers can comment, get inspired, and upload their own found abstracts.  It's never too late to join in!

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service