Welcome to the monthly theme for June. Artwork and comments welcome from everyone!!!!

This month's theme is - FACES

The theme is open to all artists whatever your medium.

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread.

These should be new pieces completed with this theme in mind. 

Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below. Click here for instructions on how to add an image to your forum post. This is important if you want people to be able to see your artwork!

To add your artwork, please use the "Reply to Discussion" box at the bottom of the page, NOT the "+ Add" button at the top of the page. (Otherwise your artwork will not show up in this thread.)

If you want to comment on someone's submission please do so here.

I can't wait to see how you interpret this - abstract, realistic, collage etc... so many opportunities for all. 

Donna

Views: 2502

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sharon, I know--I love this theme, too.  I just might give it a go myself for a change.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

hi donna,this theme is my favorite.i have managed to come up with this.hope its not bad :) :)

What a lovely drawing, Shrinidhi...I especially admire the way you captured her intense gaze.  Thanks for getting the theme started off this month!

Shrinidhi said:

hi donna,this theme is my favorite.i have managed to come up with this.hope its not bad :) :)

Shrinidhi said:

Hi Srinidhi....Loved it....

Hi Donna...Liked the theme of this month..created these abstract faces of Women......firm, determined and with a never say die attitude......

Acrylic on textured paper...

Ceremony & Tradition Face - Conte Crayon and Chalk 8x10 colored stock

Sorry that this photo is so small, but this is a colored pencil girl I drew for this school year. I believe this goes with this month's theme because one, she has a face, and two her eyes and make up are very detailed and I love her face. I can put a bigger photo of this piece when I get home, if that would be better for everyone. 

Hi, Rajashree...I find abstract art so interesting, and I think this is a lovely piece.  The colors and the bold outlines really convey their personalities!  Thanks for sharing this with us.  :)

Rajashree Chanda said:

Hi Donna...Liked the theme of this month..created these abstract faces of Women......firm, determined and with a never say die attitude......

Acrylic on textured paper...

This is great, Cat...it has such a nice dimensional quality.  Is this actually chalk or soft pastel?  Just curious.  :)

Cat Demkiw said:

This is a beautiful drawing, Kaitlin, and it certainly does fit the theme.  It would be nice to see a larger pic so that we can all admire it properly.  :)

Kaitlin Emerson said:

Sorry that this photo is so small, but this is a colored pencil girl I drew for this school year. I believe this goes with this month's theme because one, she has a face, and two her eyes and make up are very detailed and I love her face. I can put a bigger photo of this piece when I get home, if that would be better for everyone. 

Hi Donna, It is actually chalk I like working with it cause it blends so easily I use a fixative and of coarse I put them under glass to help perserve them.

Donna Duquette said:

This is great, Cat...it has such a nice dimensional quality.  Is this actually chalk or soft pastel?  Just curious.  :)

Cat Demkiw said:

Donna Duquette said:

Cat Demkiw said: Hi Donna it is really chalk. I like to use cause it blends nicely I then use a fixative and put under glass to help perserve the image.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service