Welcome to our first monthly theme!

The theme is open to all artists whatever your medium.

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread. These should be new pieces completed this month.

You have until 30th June to submit here and then I will close the thread. Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below.

As an experiment, if you want to comment on someone's submission please do so here, but if the thread gets to messy, next month I may separate the comments from artwork.

If you have suggestions for themes, please click to this thread.

and the theme is.....

TRAVEL

Artwork and comments welcome from everyone!!!!

I can't wait to see what you post. Sue

Views: 408

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Sue - That would be fine with me =)

Sue Pownall said:

Ruth - excellent I look forward to seeing something when you get back.

Laura & Robin - this is an interesting discussion. I may start a discussion in the general forum and add them there, if you don't mind, as I'm sure other people are shy/discouraged to share their art.

Laura -- I like what you have posted, as Thaneeya said the top one is very whimsical.

Very nice Angela...... I really like your accent colors....

You can submit as many as you like Esther, as long as they are done within the month and match the theme  :)

Esther said:

Can we do a second piece, or are we limited to one?

This cat was created just for the occasion.

I am currently making my first "album" and the theme is "Cat-in-a-Box" and this was the perfect opportunity to accomplish two things at once.

So, now I am off to see what other artists have submitted.

Happy Painting!!!!

Carla

Robin - this looks like a perfect place to travel to. Thank you for sharing it.

Carla - this cat is fab with his NY T-shirt. A very fun piece for our theme.

Posted by Rusty Roestorf on June 16, 2011 at 6:36am (reposted by moderator)

Rusty wrote:

I tried to post earlier but I think it got lost between the fingers and the keyboard.

I get that quite often these days

Having said that.

This fellow began as a doodle on a piece of A4 paper which became a sketch, which became a paper cut, which became a larger framed paper cut

Which evolved into a 2m mural in my living room

I call him DIABLO the devil horse and he depicts mankind's first popular mode of transport.

He is made from composition board cut outs which are pasted onto a cut out of the animal.

The project gave me a severe case of "kneesles" as I had to work on the floor and at my age that is not to be recommended.

Rusty

Hello Rusty,

Diablo is a great creation. He looks like something out of Lord of the Rings: fierce and unstoppable.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your "kneesles"  :-)

Carla

Carla: I love this character you have created. Vibrant colors with attitude - I look forward to seeing this cat in other settings!

Carla said:

This cat was created just for the occasion.

I am currently making my first "album" and the theme is "Cat-in-a-Box" and this was the perfect opportunity to accomplish two things at once.

So, now I am off to see what other artists have submitted.

Happy Painting!!!!

Carla

It's fun seeing everyone's pieces for the June travel theme.  So many different interpretations!

Here's my piece.  It's a night scene of Florence, Italy created with pen (ink) and watercolors.  It was my first time doing this type of scene with ink and wash.  I based it on a photograph I took while visiting Florence last summer, which you can see here in the Reference Image Pool: http://community.art-is-fun.com/forum/topics/architecture-1  (It's the 3rd one down.)

If you click on it you can see it in more detail.  :)

The pen I used was a Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Marker, size 01 with black ink.  The watercolors I used were an inexpensive Loew-Cornell set of pan watercolors.

I'll come back later and comment on the other entries when I have time! :)

Grace - that's an interesting use of MS Word, with great results.

Thaneeya - This is fabulous. I still can't believe it's only A6 with all the details you have incorporated.

Thaneeya, it is really nice.  You must have great patience to work on something that size in so much detail. I love that sort of scene. It takes me back to when I was in Europe many years ago, although didnt go to Florence. I like the combination of the ink and the watercolour.  Great work.

Thaneeya McArdle said:

It's fun seeing everyone's pieces for the June travel theme.  So many different interpretations!

Here's my piece.  It's a night scene of Florence, Italy created with pen (ink) and watercolors.  It was my first time doing this type of scene with ink and wash.  I based it on a photograph I took while visiting Florence last summer, which you can see here in the Reference Image Pool: http://community.art-is-fun.com/forum/topics/architecture-1  (It's the 3rd one down.)

If you click on it you can see it in more detail.  :)

The pen I used was a Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Marker, size 01 with black ink.  The watercolors I used were an inexpensive Loew-Cornell set of pan watercolors.

I'll come back later and comment on the other entries when I have time! :)

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service