Welcome to the monthly theme for October. Artwork and comments welcome from everyone!!!!

This month's theme is - Halloween

The theme is open to all artists whatever your medium.

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread.

Feel free to post new or old artwork as long as it pertains to this theme.

Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below. Click here for instructions on how to add an image to your forum post. This is important if you want people to be able to see your artwork!

To add your artwork, please use the "Reply to Discussion" box at the bottom of the page, NOT the "+ Add" button at the top of the page. (Otherwise your artwork will not show up in this thread.)

If you want to comment on someone's submission please do so here.

I can't wait to see how you interpret this - painting, drawing, collage etc... so many opportunities for all. 

Jane......xx

Views: 388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh I like this Robert -- Great personality on both the Jack-O-Lantern and the Ghost!

Robert DiGiambattista said:

This is scary, but good! I especially like how the snake seems to glow -- nice scary demon (or whatever it is) too. :-)

Carla Cryptic said:

I've been in love with Halloween since I was a small child and got into the Day of the Dead celebrations in Mexico when I started hearing about them as an adult.  I've hosted several mail art shows on Dia de los Muertos and I am always doing Halloween photo series, Day of the Dead artwork, and all kinds of things in that vein.  This is one I did day before yesterday as part of my InkTober 2016 drawing challenge (day 27's prompt was 'creepy').  I especially love the way that snake seems so real (I love snakes and lizards - may have something to do with furry pets giving me hives and breathing problems due to severe allergies).  We had a 5 foot long Indigo snake in the house when I was little and I cried like a baby when it slithered off one night and never came back (we didn't keep it caged).  I used to like to sleep with it curled all around me!  lol

Marguerite Valdez said:

Oh I like this Robert -- Great personality on both the Jack-O-Lantern and the Ghost!

Robert DiGiambattista said:

oil on canvas

thanks all. Marguerite Valdez and Pat.

It's cool to see how different people respond to a theme and I think these are all fun and/or scary!  Each person's vision is unique.  

Thanks for your comment on the snake, Marguerite... I love that, too (the glowing quality).

Yyou think you're safe walking under dim street lights to the dark mansion but whats following you can see in ultra violet  and see the witch flying up high in the clouds and the creatures eye that follow on either side of you in the dark

I love this!

Karen Sliwinski said:

Daryll Geddes said:

A really fun piece and I love the texture. The cat is a really great character. So well done!

Moérté - Halloween Cat

Acrylic, Paste, Shoe Polish

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service