Welcome to the monthly theme!

October's theme is:

SKY

The theme is open to all artists whatever your medium.

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread. These should be new pieces completed this month.

You have until 31st October to submit here and then I will close the thread. Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below.

If you want to comment on someone's submission please do so here.

If you have suggestions for themes, please click to this thread.

Artwork and comments welcome from everyone!!!!

I can't wait to see how you interpret this - abstract, realistic, collage etc...

so many opportunities for all. Sue

Views: 625

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Skyscape -- Jeff.
Wow Jeff that's an awesome piece to start off this month's theme. Love the colours. How big is it and what medium/program did you use?
thank you -- I thought moving to outerspace would be interesting -- Jeff -- have a great art day.

Meg Mackenzie said:
Incredibly vibrant and dynamic Jeff. I like your take on the theme - moving outside of our own atmosphere.

Sue Pownall said:
Wow Jeff that's an awesome piece to start off this month's theme. Love the colours. How big is it and what medium/program did you use? -- thank you 6x8 -- Paint program -- line, color, spraycan icon, curved line tool, circle tool -- have a great art day.jeff.

My art for monthly theme "SPACETLE-3020" ; a space craft in 3020A.D.

Attachments:
nice,Susanne!

It´s so nice, Susanne :)
This is an amazing sky Susanne. Fabulous colours.
Beautiful! I love the way you've blended the colors in the sky :)

Susanne Skene said:

This is the view from my studio window so I didn't have to go far for an idea.  The medium I used is Reeves Oil Pastels on a "stained" (diluted with water, acrylic underpainting of Lemon Yellow/Antique Gold, applied with a soft cloth) on a Canson 140 lb Watercolour Paper.

I'm actually working on one for this theme. I have the WIP posted in the WIP thread for the Abstract Group :)

Susanne Skene said:
Thank you Alicia!  There's plenty of time to submit an October theme.  Why don't you give it a try?  I think you'd do a spectacular job!

This is a photo taken with my cell phone camera, so the colors are still not as vibrant and the details are nowhere near as apparent as they are on the real thing, but I won't have access to a scanner for a few days. I'll upload the scan to my gallery once I am able to scan again.

Thank you :) I may see if I can take a photo with my sisters good camera later in the day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service