Welcome to the monthly theme for September. Artwork and comments welcome from everyone!!!!

This month's theme is - Alive

The theme is open to all artists whatever your medium.

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread.

These should be new pieces completed with this theme in mind. 

Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below. Click here for instructions on how to add an image to your forum post. This is important if you want people to be able to see your artwork!

To add your artwork, please use the "Reply to Discussion" box at the bottom of the page, NOT the "+ Add" button at the top of the page. (Otherwise your artwork will not show up in this thread.)

If you want to comment on someone's submission please do so here.

I can't wait to see how you interpret this - abstract, realistic, collage etc... so many opportunities for all. 

Thaneeya

Views: 1040

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All very nice!

cheekyjane said: gee jane this is so interesting! um….hmmmm. i'm thinking i like it and i'm wondering how you came up with your idea. i would like to be in this but i can't seem to find inspiration for it…i'll keep looking though!. 

Here's mine

Bindu Saju said:

Looking great

Barbara Airulla said:

This is my mom. I chose this image because my artwork really started to come back to life with this drawing. Well...and because of her...I am alive :-) I was thinking of submitting it for an art show. What do you think?

bindu yes yes yes, submit it. it is fantastic! shell

Dusty Gonterman-Clare said:

The dance of Autumn and Winter, forever courting each other. dusty this is so meaningful and so full of emotion. i love it.

very nice mixed, bindu!

Bindu Saju said:

faith, what a lovely view of the tree! great. i love it.

faith alafonso said:

My Whimsical Tree

fantastic wray! you have a lot of patience and you create stunning pieces! wow!

Wraymona Low said:

It was suggested to me by a fellow artist here on TAC that I enter my latest drawing in the Theme of the month, Life for September. I agreed with Dusty and so, here it be. :-) 

i'm still looking for something. i like the topic but it is hard for me to come up with a satisfactory idea. mmmmmmm

My husband saw this piece, he loved it. He said it was one of the most original pieces. Later we were at the grocery store, and a pack of sharpies found their way into the cart.He just rolled his eyes and said he felt inspired. Go Wraymona! Not only are you visually impressive, you're original and inspirational. ... BTW the hubby doesn't do visual arts usually. He is more into origami.

Wraymona Low said:

It was suggested to me by a fellow artist here on TAC that I enter my latest drawing in the Theme of the month, Life for September. I agreed with Dusty and so, here it be. :-) 

Everytime I look at this I get a different story. It is always the story of growth against the odds. The tiny spot of light, life or freedom being reached for by an unlikely source.  I love it since I saw stage one. 

michele josiane martin said:

faith, what a lovely view of the tree! great. i love it.

faith alafonso said:

My Whimsical Tree

thank you all for your support and praise

It is an interesting piece. The different textures make it wonderful experiment. Are there follow up pieces where the foil is the sky or the fabric/paper is the ground? I can't wait to see what you do next.

michele josiane martin said:

very nice mixed, bindu!

Bindu Saju said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service