As a follow-up to our Spring Fling swap, I thought it might be fun to doodle some bugs or insects. Just about everyone has a favorite little critter of some kind...butterflies, ladybugs, mantis, bees... etc   Let's get creative and share our favorites. Your choice of style(whimsical or realistic) and materials.

Create 2 regulation sized atcs each for 2 partners(total of 4 ). Sign up deadline is April 7 and partners will be posted April 9. ATCs should be mailed no later than April 29. How to participate:  https://theartcolony.ning.com/group/atcs/page/how-to-participate-in...

1. Linda ----- A. Marie, Gina

2. Christine--Eliz, Debra

3. A. Marie--Gina, Marion

4. Eliz---------Debra, Dabau

5. Gina-------Marion, Sherry

6. Debra----Dabau, Stacy

7. Marion---Sherry, Linda

8. Dabau---Stacy, Christine

9. Sherry---Linda, A. Marie

10. Stacy---Christine, Eliz

Views: 459

Replies to This Discussion

These are the wonderful bugs I received from Dabau and Debra! Debra's are the beautiful tangled watercolors. Dabau also tangled with her gorgeous little bugs, excellent detail! The background has a lovely sheen to it, what did you use? 

Hi Stacey, I think the background is possibly mono printing, not sure as I did them a long time ago.  

Liz and Debra's atc's were waiting for me when I got back a few days ago, finally able to put them up - I've had problems with my laptop, hopefully all will go well this morning.  Debra's two form a diptych.  Thank you very much Liz and Debra, love them all, (and the papers, they will come in handy :)

Soooo neat!!

Dabau Singh-Heer said:

Hi Stacey, I think the background is possibly mono printing, not sure as I did them a long time ago.  

Liz and Debra's atc's were waiting for me when I got back a few days ago, finally able to put them up - I've had problems with my laptop, hopefully all will go well this morning.  Debra's two form a diptych.  Thank you very much Liz and Debra, love them all, (and the papers, they will come in handy :)

I love the detail...actually, I love all of all of these!!

Stacy Woolsey said:

These are the wonderful bugs I received from Dabau and Debra! Debra's are the beautiful tangled watercolors. Dabau also tangled with her gorgeous little bugs, excellent detail! The background has a lovely sheen to it, what did you use? 

Finally getting around to post the cards I got from Stacy! Thank you so much they really brightened my day when I found them in my mail box! Wonderful!

You are Welcome Debra! I've been looking for a way to use my random collection of paint samples I've collected and yes it's perfect! so many colors and uses! The metallic samples are from lowes if you are looking for more! 

Debra Kay said:

These are the insects I received from Liz! They are so cute! She also sent me some paint samples which I thought was extremely creative - I would never have thought how much you can do with these, especially for small things like ATCs! Thanks Liz! : )

Hi Stacy and Linda I hope you received your bug ATCs I posted them mid April, also Gina and A.Marie your cards have not arrived, I hope there's no problem with mail somewhere. cheers Marion

Another late posting.  This is from Sherry--clean lines, adorable!  Thanks!

Here they are...from Marion.  Sorry to take so long to post them.  ~~~wonderful addition to my collection.  Thanks so much, MAZ!!

Hi All!

I've been away from the Art Colony for quite some time, but would like to dive back in! When is the next ATC or Altered Book page swap??

Kathleen Meighan

Strange....I mailed mine to you Marion almost 2 weeks ago now:/

Marion Riddell said:

Hi Stacy and Linda I hope you received your bug ATCs I posted them mid April, also Gina and A.Marie your cards have not arrived, I hope there's no problem with mail somewhere. cheers Marion

Marion & Shelly,

Have you received my ATCs?

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service