In my family we have a habit of spontaneous gift giving.

Not the obligatory birthday kind of gifts. Just gifts to say I've been thinking about you.

We call these pressies. Our pet word for presents.

Today I want to give Thaneeya a pressie for this lovely website.

You could of course having it face the other way

Or even horizontal

and then you can face it so that you can read it

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aw, this is a GREAT pressie, Rusty!!  Thank you!  I'm honored.  :D

Upon first glance, I had no idea that it actually spelled out my last name.  So it was fun to scroll down and see the final image. What a nice surprise!  It's very pretty and I like that it can be displayed every which way and still look good.

I'm also so pleased that you enjoy The Art Colony. That too makes my day.

Also, I think this could be considered a "found abstract" - an idea we are playing with this in thread: http://community.art-is-fun.com/group/abstractart/forum/topics/mont... because it is an abstract inspired by something 'in reality' (I suppose the letters of the alphabet are already abstract but you've abstracted them a step further).

Yippee, thank you!

It is now yours. Please feel free to post it there

Thaneeya McArdle said:

Aw, this is a GREAT pressie, Rusty!!  Thank you!  I'm honored.  :D

Upon first glance, I had no idea that it actually spelled out my last name.  So it was fun to scroll down and see the final image. What a nice surprise!  It's very pretty and I like that it can be displayed every which way and still look good.

I'm also so pleased that you enjoy The Art Colony. That too makes my day.

Also, I think this could be considered a "found abstract" - an idea we are playing with this in thread: http://community.art-is-fun.com/group/abstractart/forum/topics/mont... because it is an abstract inspired by something 'in reality' (I suppose the letters of the alphabet are already abstract but you've abstracted them a step further).

Yippee, thank you!

Rusty thats awesome I loved it the first way you had it and as I scrolled down I thought this is so cool then when you reveiled that it was Thaneeya's name I was pleasantly surprised.Very cool

Just posted it in the Found Abstracts thread.  Yay!  :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service