Profile of the Week: Eugene Budden (posted February 10, 2012)

This week, in Portfolio of the Week, we want to share with you the art of Eugene Budden from British Columbia, Canada! 

Eugene's incredible artwork is inspired by a surprising variety of subjects and moments - from raging forest fires to the view from his porch at night.

When you view this portfolio, be sure to click on "view full size" under each artwork to see it larger!

You can view Eugene's artwork here: http://community.art-is-fun.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?scre...

We hope you enjoy this inspiring interview with Eugene:

I would describe my art as somewhere between realism and fantasy, since most of my art is generated by my imagination.I had dabbled in art as a child but out of boredom one day i decided to try painting, I started painting about 19 months ago at age 60 (never too late to try something new).

My favorote medium is oil because i find it easy to blend and i love to mix and make my own colours, I am a self taught artist and i try to practice every chance i get. I  was influenced as a child by my dad who also liked to draw and paint, i have always loved looking at the works of other painters old and new and get ideas from every piece that i see.

I am inspired by nature in all its beauty, that is why my favorite subject is scenery, the colours and tones in nature gives one such a great palette to work with. I promise myself to work on my art at least once a week as i am still working at a full time job.

My advice to beginning artists like myself, is to never give up, it is very easy to be discouraged or dissapointed with your attempts, but look at each attempt as a learning experience, like the old saying goes ( practice makes perfect ) so keep those palettes wet and happy painting!!

Views: 620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eugene, thanks so much for sharing your artwork and your thoughts with us.  Your work and enthusiasm are truly inspiring. Your paintings have such a strong sense of atmosphere. Thanks so much for being a part of this site!

I am so happy to see your work featured in the portfolio of the week Eugene! Great interview and selection of your work. You give all of us a glimpse into what it takes to create a landscape bursting with life. Beautiful!

Thanks Eugene for sharing your work and comments. Keep up the good work!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service