Competition       

Art Feeds The Soul

Judges    Jane       Pat     Nelson

Rules

1. Competition is open to all members

2. All artworks submitted Must contain the Theme words  - Art Feeds The Soul

3. Competition will run from 12th July 2016 to 12th August 2016 

4. Please post your submissions in this Discussion Thread ONLY. Will not count if posted elsewhere

Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below. Click here for instructions on how to add an image to your forum post. This is important if you want people to be able to see your artwork!

To add your artwork, please use the "Reply to Discussion" box at the bottom of the page, NOT the "+ Add" button at the top of the page. (Otherwise your artwork will not show up in this thread.)

5. All artworks submitted Must be your Own Work (nudity and photography are NOT allowed)

6. You can use any Medium you wish

7. You can submit as many entries as you wish (please number your entries - this will make judging them easier)

8. There will be only 1 winner for each of the Prizes - 1st -2nd and 3rd place

9. All winners will be notified once judging as taken place

10. Judges decision is Final

Prizes

1st Prize           

Art Supplies ;-

Mixed Media Pad

Brush Set & Sketching Pencil Set

Coloured Pencils

Oil Pastels & Soft Pastels

2nd Prize

Art Supplies ;-

Sketch Pad

Coloured Pencils

Brush Set   

3rd Prize

Art Supplies ;-

Sketch Pad

Charcoal Set     

The Judges look forward to seeing all the submissions to this competition and good luck to everyone who enters       

Views: 3703

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I need to start doing the same....lol

paul dodd said:

Thank you. it.s something i did  while waiting to pick my grandchildren up. I've now got in the habit of carrying a pad a pencils most of the time now

Nelson Failing said:

Ha ha good one Paul....love your concepts.....very unique

paul dodd said:

Ino 2 in Art feeds the soul

thought I'd have a play about with some pencils again...

it looks like our local air show has got a couple of unscheduled flights today, one from the TAC the other one that is  usually advertising a well known international burger chain that I don't like  has appeared to be hijacked. it is  now advertising an strange delicacy that I wouldn't try myself  that has become popular uncertain areas.

For anyone not familiar with the term  Bogor  it stands  for.  Buy one get one free .  It not  a delicacy I'd recommend, but I have seen the same done with a snickers bar..

I guess my poor old truck does not qualify...too bad that old truck got to me so much that I had just had to paint it and I had not put paint to canvas for over 2 years...

It was a great painting tho Sharon....wow over 2 yrs you havent painted huh?....

Sharon B said:

I guess my poor old truck does not qualify...too bad that old truck got to me so much that I had just had to paint it and I had not put paint to canvas for over 2 years...

Sharon B said:

Sharon B said:I would like to submit my painting of an old truck in the sunset for "Art Feeds The Soul ".  Thanks, Sharon

Thanks Nelson..Yes, I didn't paint for 2 years so if that old truck does not speak to the soul I do not know what does. Oh well...I have another old truck working on me....and some wild sunflowers that are unique to the Okanagan Region of Canada...Hu mmmm...I think I will put it underneath a great old dead mountain pine with the sunflowers and maybe Lake Okanagan in the background...the lake not to definite of course to take away from the 3D effect of the old truck and a  few detailed sunflowers ......artistic licence you know....ha ha.

Joan Elizabeth White said:

Sharon B said:

Sharon B said:I would like to submit my painting of an old truck in the sunset for "Art Feeds The Soul ".  Thanks, Sharon

WoW Sharon....what a cute and clever take on the challenge....it is soooooooo adorable......great job....oh and looking forward to seeing your next truck painting....

Sharon B said:

Thanks Nelson..Yes, I didn't paint for 2 years so if that old truck does not speak to the soul I do not know what does. Oh well...I have another old truck working on me....and some wild sunflowers that are unique to the Okanagan Region of Canada...Hu mmmm...I think I will put it underneath a great old dead mountain pine with the sunflowers and maybe Lake Okanagan in the background...the lake not to definite of course to take away from the 3D effect of the old truck and a  few detailed sunflowers ......artistic licence you know....ha ha.

Sharon B said:

hi, I 'm hoping I do this right,  had a little fun with theme,  different kinds of art!!

sure is some lovely work

looking forward to seeing more

I will be sure to post Tha t truck too...

Nelson Failing said:

WoW Sharon....what a cute and clever take on the challenge....it is soooooooo adorable......great job....oh and looking forward to seeing your next truck painting....

Sharon B said:

Sharon B said:

You did excellent Dianne....another creative and clever take on the theme....well done!
DIANNE PEARCE said:

hi, I 'm hoping I do this right,  had a little fun with theme,  different kinds of art!!

sure is some lovely work

looking forward to seeing more

THE BIG MAN DELIVERS. NO3 ART FEEDS THE SOUL,

As we've just hit the hottest part of the year i'm sure the shops will soon be stocking up with winter woollies and you won't be able to find a swimming costume anywhere and it only a matter of time before the first shop window display  starts appearing to celebrate the time  when the big man comes down our chimneys. so for a change i thought i'd get in early.

HI Nelson, I am working on a piece to enter into the competition.  Having fun doing it.  Looking forward to submitting it. Thanks for doing this.  I find it motivating to do more art

Take care,

Kennedy

Nelson Failing said:

"LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN!!!"

Hey Guys....some really awesome pieces..........loving them all......keep them coming and remember to add the the Theme Title "Art Feeds The Soul"to all your entries......hugz.....Jane.....xx

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service