You know the one. The planets were lined up exactly right, your muse was sitting on your shoulder, you couldn't make a mark that was out of place, the end result was perfection. You were in heaven.

Everything after that has been a disaster.

Am I the only one?

I keep looking back at some of the digital drawings I did a couple of years ago and I can't believe it was me that drew them. Nothing I've been able to draw since comes anywhere near in detail, imagination or execution.

Sigh.

Margaret

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are not alone!

No you are not the only one ;)  This is what art is to me...the ever present quest for that 'just right' moment when the muse and her vessel (me) align in a way that comes out sheer perfection (in my view)...we tend to pick apart ourselves and our creations so much more than any viewer would ever do - I have come to realize that this is the 'drive' in art for me - and I've learned to embrace it, allow myself the perceived 'fails' - it allows me to enjoy the evolution of art, and all that is the 'creative process'

Thanks Calsanne and Alisa. I'm glad to know that others have similar experiences.

I'm *finally* ready to decorate my apartment and I'm looking back over early drawings for some art to hang. I've been battleing mental illness and when I look at what I produced when I was at my lowest, it makes me wonder why I took all those pills :)

The writing, the drawing, the jewelry, the sewing, the knitting ......

Whatever drove me back then has been silenced or at least quieted by my more socially acceptable personna. Strangely I've had a bit of a relapse recently and while I feel like crying lately, I find myself being more creative.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service