This is the mix-media painting I am currently working on.  It`s not even half-way finished and still requires a lot of work.  I was inspired by a book called "Impression de la ville" (City impressions).  The size is 2 meters by 60 centimeters (approximately 6 feet by 2 feet).

I usually don`t share my paintings before they are finished, but I figured maybe some of you could have some interesting ideas on things I could integrate into to the painting (or any other idea).  Currently, there is cardboard, hard plastic, and light molding paste to create texture.  I`m thinking of adding some pieces of small chain, metal and fabric to it.  I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Views: 155

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love what you have done with this so far. I love the depth created and the colours you have used.  I'll have a look for the book you mentioned now.  Great work. Pauline

It's fascinating to see your work in progress... I look forward to seeing how it evolves, especially since you say you aren't even half-finished yet! 

Attaching some pieces of small chain, metal and fabric sounds promising.  Perhaps you could add sand or some type of natural (or natural-looking) texture to the mountain areas.  Maybe something metallic, pearlescent, or reflective in the water? 

I like the way you made lines in the modeling paste to create texture on the buildings.

Can't wait to see how this turns out! :)

Thank you for the suggestions and encouragement Pauline and Thaneeya.  I`m going to look into them.  I really like the idea of adding something that has a natural texture!  But i`m afraid of adding texture in the mountains and water.  I`m scared that the painting will get overcharged.  The sky and the city are already very busy.  So I`m not sure yet what I`m going to do...
nice start!  I would try adding some sort of texture to the mountains, but not something that would draw attention away from the buildings.
I`ve put this one on the back burner for the last few months. I should take it out and finish it! lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service