Hello,

I'm new to the forum and excited to have found you all, I've looked at a lot of the artwork and can't believe the creative talent here.  I've been a member of other forums but I was looking for some place where everyone thought art was still as fun as it was when I was a kid and I believe I finally found the place.

This is a watercolor painting with a light layer of pastel, I love the richness I get when I combined the two.  It's a 9 x 12 on Arches 300lb cold press watercolor paper.

Thank you for looking and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Sandy

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Sandra,
It is so nice to meet you :)

This is an excellent piece of artwork.
Really love the stark balance between the cold elements and the warm rich colours.
The realism you have captured works wonders, really love the rough thick texture of each individual leaf which contrast sharply with the silky petals. The way you have captured a solitary lilly is also great - such grandeur is imposed on the viewer by one little floating flower. Great play with the atmosphere, ambient light, reflection and refractions - the attention to detail is mesmerizing.
The technique is immaculate (yes, personally I love mixing media together to get the best of them) - I do believe you have mastered (whilst having fun) the maliability of the pastels and the fluidity of the watercolours.
The surface also complements the work!

A job well-done
looking forward for more :)
Ton-Ton

Very nice Sandra, love your colors!  Also welcome!

That's really beautiful

Thank you so much! I will post again when I'm finished with it.

Okay....I'm calling it FINISHED!  I get to a point where I have to put down the brushes and sign it or I will overwork and destroy it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service