I drew this illustration and planning to make it a greeting card.

I am wondering what you think of it, like some feedback and what I should improve.

Views: 145

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Naomi, I think your illustration is lovely and would be perfect on a greeting card.  I like the soft colors and the loose drawing style.  The only thing I think I would change a little bit is the composition by cropping a bit closer on the top and bottom.  As it is right now, my eye is drawn away from the bird to the empty spaces in the background.  Just my opinion...as I said, it's a lovely illustration!

I think iis is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Such soft & beautiful colours that go really nice together I think!!!

Nava

I was confused at first as to what this yellow was till I realized the eggs indicated a bird, so I  realized the bird was not an abstract fish.  The white of the neck makes it look disconnected. Where is your light source? If it were me I would put in some more varying shadow over all and fade the yellow down the neck into white and then white back into yellow of the body. Light and shadow would give this more depth and brighten up this piace even more so.  I love the scene you have created here, the wispy tree though I would give it more power by making it larger because she did chose this tree for her nest fill the upper part of the card and maybe even bring it down more on the side where the negitive space is.  Print you out a copy and work on it then make changes to the piece IF you so choose to that way you won't mess up your orignal. IF you view your work in greyscale you will see there is not enough difference in tonal variation adding more lights and more darks of those color will help bring in balance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service