I find I do my art in the afternoon after lunch , just wondering when others feel the most creative to do their art work .

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michelle, you and I are on the same page. I prefer to do my artwork after lunch too. I also think the lighting is better.

I love to do it in the early morning or late afternoon

My favorite time is afternoon when it is light. But because I have to work, during the week I can only paint in the late evening :-(.

I have no set time. it is when the muse hits me. Could be in the morning after my coffee, or the afternoon, or 2 o clock in the morning when I can't sleep. I do not have an "art clock."

yes I agree to the light is better in the afternoon sharon .
 
Sharon Crowder said:

Michelle, you and I are on the same page. I prefer to do my artwork after lunch too. I also think the lighting is better.

hi jim I could never do my art at night for It would distrup my sleep afterwards . michelle
 
Jim said:

I have no set time. it is when the muse hits me. Could be in the morning after my coffee, or the afternoon, or 2 o clock in the morning when I can't sleep. I do not have an "art clock."

I think I have a nocturnal clock going for me. I ffind myself to be more alert and creative at night.  Years ago when i was writing in the middle of the night the words just flowed out. I am not an a.m. person.
 
michelle ann turner said:

hi jim I could never do my art at night for It would distrup my sleep afterwards . michelle
 
Jim said:

I have no set time. it is when the muse hits me. Could be in the morning after my coffee, or the afternoon, or 2 o clock in the morning when I can't sleep. I do not have an "art clock."

Weekends. By the time I get home from work, and cook & eat dinner, I'm too whacked to haul out painting supplies. Sometimes I'll paint all day Saturday and Sunday, pausing only to fix a quick lunch!

I have no choice... I'm so busy with commissions I have to work all day, every day. I do have some days when it's just not gonna happen, and I have to just put my feet up for 24 hours and try to recharge... but for me there is no certain optimal time of day. I wish, lol.

My time is anywhere from 1am pacific until 9am. Then I sleep, late afternoon & early evenings are for my partner. I love the night, it's quite and peaceful. I take a hr or two nap at around 10pm. 

You are lucky then, someday I hope to be doing commissions, or at least selling my art. We all have a choice, are you happy to be able to work on your art full time?  After working so many many hrs at jobs I didn't love I hit the jackpot being able to work outside by myself doing landscaping and groundskeeper for 7 years. Then my body started fighting me, found out I had Lupus, among other things you get when doing hard physical work. Then I spent my time whining about what I couldn't do until I realized I now had the time to do what I love the most, art. Fate is funny because it gives you what you wish for, but not in the way you hoped for. I'm a big believer in Yin and Yang, all things in balance. I have to listen to my body first, even if I really want to be working on my art. I looked at your art on Facebook, very nice, great details especially on the Chow in the barrel 

Greg Guise said:

I have no choice... I'm so busy with commissions I have to work all day, every day. I do have some days when it's just not gonna happen, and I have to just put my feet up for 24 hours and try to recharge... but for me there is no certain optimal time of day. I wish, lol.

If I don't paint when I wake up, I get into too many other things and it doesn't get done.  I am retired so my time is my own.  My husband is a retired engineer turned potter so he does the same.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

 

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

 

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service