I find I do my art in the afternoon after lunch , just wondering when others feel the most creative to do their art work .

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THANKS SO MUCH!  More work here - www.guiseart.com

I have heart disease, so I am extremely lucky to be able to come in and lie down when my body tells me to, close to my meds, etc. Plus I am raising my 10 year old daughter by myself, so there is nothing bettr than to be here everyday when she goes to school and wating for her when she gets out... wouldnt trade it for the world.

My "plan" when I was a kid was to always have a steady job, a paycheck, and to do my artwork on the side, after hours, on the weekends. This worked so well, it's the way I did it for 20 years. It took alot of nerve to finally take the plunge and do it full-time - rely on my own talent and drive to make a living. I've been at it for 10 years now, and it's finally paying off. It's not easy. You have to be extremely self-motivated to work for yourself. It would be REAL easy to lay around and do nothing sometimes, but very dangerous as well. I'm committed to making a decent living for my daughter and I, and it seems the harder I work, the more it pays off, the more customers I get, and the cycle continues. (I hope)

Good for you guys!

Norena Fox said:

If I don't paint when I wake up, I get into too many other things and it doesn't get done.  I am retired so my time is my own.  My husband is a retired engineer turned potter so he does the same.

I find myself being more creative at night time.. My mind is all over the place during the day - with work, bills, and just life in general...by night time I'm slowing down and relaxing - that's when I can be more creative and actually think about what I want to create. Sometimes it's a curse, only because my creative mind wonders and keeps me up at night... ;] 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service