These days,everytime I try to draw it ends badly. Mostly because I don't have any inspiration at all. I know that people get their inspiration from a lot of things. I just want to ask: where do you get your inspiration?

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find that if I need inspiration I can often look at my old sketchbooks, where I sketch, draw, doodle, plan future paintings, jot down ideas, etc. My sketchbooks are mostly filled with ideas for artwork I want to create in the future when I have more time. It's a great place to store ideas for future reference, that way, if I am experiencing any creative blocks I can flip through my sketchbooks to get the juices flowing again.

It really helped. I guess for me I just lack the time to make anything. I have been focused on studying that I neglected art in general. Well for months, I felt like I was losing myself. I'm starting to catch up on my drawing. I guess it's exaggerrated to say this but everytime I draw I felt like I found my long lost sister.

I completely understand getting disconnected from your work.  I'm guilty of letting life sweep me away so fast that I can't even keep up.  But I will say this...find half a second to be still and listen/look around you.  My inspiration comes from doing that, and finding the strong emotions that are bound to arise.  Whether it's a ladybug, or my daughter, or something profound that was said.  Sometimes it's a dream, or a movie, or a request from a friend.  Music is also very helpful.  Put on whatever you like to work to, or figure out what mood you want to create and put that music on.  I love to work to classical music, or my native songs.  Sometimes, I'll wander around this website to see what people are working on, or what challenges have been posted, so I can try something new.  :-)  Good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service