Let's share the abstract artists whose work inspires us!  Whether contemporary or historical, I'd love to hear about the abstract artists whose work makes you go, "WOW!!!"

I've always liked Paul Klee. His images are so whimsical and playful. They feel carefree and lighthearted.  When I first started painting abstracts, I looked a lot at his work for inspiration.

I couldn't find a link to a good site showing tons of his work, but if you do a google image search for "Paul Klee" a ton of beautiful art comes up.

A more recent artist whose work I admire is Julie Evans: http://julieevans.blogspot.com/  It's interesting to compare her newer, more delicate work with her older, more color-saturated work.  Both are a feast for the eyes!!

Who are your favorite abstract artists? 

Please post a link, but remember not to post other people's images here for copyright reasons. 

Views: 606

Replies to This Discussion

Mondrian, Kandinsky, Pollock, Bart Vargas, de Kooning, Jasper Johns, Rothko, Motherwell, and Lee Krasner are my favorites.

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service