Please use this discussion to ask or discuss pastels only. What brands do you like best? Beginners what are your questions regarding pastels?
Welcome and hope you find this forum helpful in your pastels endeavors.

Views: 264

Replies to This Discussion

I think that answered it.  Thanks much........Maggie

Hi Jen

Thanks for the tip on velour paper (and the compliment on my creative name. Sometimes my creativity astonishes me!) I never tried velour paper, but probably will in the future. Darn! There's two Micheals in this town, and not one Dick Blick!!!   
Jenifer Nadira Knight said:

Amethyst, that is one sweet compliment you paid me!  Thank you!  I did that on "velour paper", have you ever tried painting on velour paper?  That will give you that softness, that pastel is capable of, but only on velour.  Velour paper is DIFFICULT to find, however Blick sells that too!

Happy painting, Amethyst and Maggie!

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service