Here is where you can show off your Altered Book pages and spreads! Let us all see your Altered Book artwork!

Views: 895

Replies to This Discussion

Here are some covers of some of my journals. I generally alter them to within an inch of their lives. You can explore them a little, if you want, over at flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cordeliajean/collections/7215760619666...

Attachments:

Here is a large book I am altering and tuning into an art journal/diary. The front is done with permanant ink, tissue paper, and mod podge. I glued in the twinchies last night and will journal about them later today and add that at the bottom of the page (or something like that...)

Wow!! I bow to the talent that is shared in this thread.

Here's a recent page, I used paint, ink, and collage.

I really like your spread here that you shared with us!
You go, girl! This is wonderful. So expressive, so bright. Wonderful!

Scatter said:

Wow!! I bow to the talent that is shared in this thread.

Here's a recent page, I used paint, ink, and collage.

Mary Hicks said:
You go, girl! This is wonderful. So expressive, so bright. Wonderful!

Thanks, I'm really enjoying the journaling! Love seeing what others are working on.

I have started another altered book named "The Wild Widow" with a print date of 1908. I decided to do this one in simple collage work of 'girly things" and watercolor accent color on the pages, along with "altered text" on each page as well... I thought I would share some of my pages I have done so far....

These are the pages I have done so far...I like the way it is coming along....

What fun! I love the cover, and all those bright colors you've used so far.
Thank you, my dear...How are you doing??

What an inspired book!!!

Laura Thykeson said:

I have started another altered book named "The Wild Widow" with a print date of 1908. I decided to do this one in simple collage work of 'girly things" and watercolor accent color on the pages, along with "altered text" on each page as well... I thought I would share some of my pages I have done so far....

These are the pages I have done so far...I like the way it is coming along....

I love your Zentangles, Mary -  so inventively placed!! And Laura, the girly book - gorgeous!

Mary Hicks said:

Laura, this made me remember a little book I've been working on (off and on, obviously!). I just sat down and did another two pages in it! Here is a photo of the first page. The title of the book is "Happiness." It's very old, about 4X6 and that old paper just loves watercolors! (This I just discovered this morning, however, so these photos don't prove that.) Anyway, you have inspired me to try many things, and this is just one of them!

I have stopped writing in it, however; it seemed appropriate to "introduce" the project here. The found poetry is fun and challenging, and that is how I want it to continue. I'm much more of an abstract artist than you are, Laura, but maybe I will "venture out" and add some flowers here and there!

I used to sell Usborne children's books when my kids were young. I've given away or sold virtually all of them I still had - except one, the Atlas of the 20th Century. Thanks to Caatje's Easy Peasy Journal Tutorial, I decided to dive in and alter it for use as a journal. Last night I began gessoing the pages.

I think I'd have an easier time with a book I got from a thrift shop or rummage sale, than using a book I owned and loved. This one was out of date, quite large (I think it's 9in. x 12in.) and hardbound. Not as hard as "real" hardbound books, but way above paperback, so it is a perfect candidate.

Haven't decided how to alter the cover, because it's covered with that 'almost cellophane' kind of stuff.

Usually I use composition books, covering them with scrapbook paper and/or stickers.

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service