Bumping this up a bit- I get a lot of inspiration from other's pages, so here are two of mine, so please post yours!

Views: 2345

Replies to This Discussion

I love all animals.  I would like to have a dog, but can't.  I am in a very small space and can only have one pet.  I have a cat.  With my medical problems I can take care of a cat easier.  She has sure been company to me.  Sometimes too much.  She bug me for treats all day and of course can't have all she wants.  I always wanted a Maine Coon cat.

I meant to say I don't see anything with dogs.  Looks like I might get into trouble today too.  Need to read my own posts before I hit send.  I also need to get off here soon and get busy.  Lots to do when trying to move.

Amanda said:

Annette posted a spread with dogs in it. :D

Margaret Hamm (Maggie) said:

Am I missing something?  I don' t dogs.

Magaret, cats are certainly an animal of their own being.  Having minds of their own.  We had a wonderful kitty for 17 years, could not have asked for a better cat.  We have inherited now Jewel and then the sweet rescue dog Libby so the furbabies are back in our lives and bring so much enjoyment to us. 

Amanda, they do look like Huskies don't they?   i will pet our dogs for you and enjoy your mom's cat, I know she loves it that you are looking after her baby.  

xox

I got my cat three years ago at a shelter. She is a tabby.  Not long after I developed heart problem due to chemo I figure.  Never had problems before. I now have to have iron transfusions.  Even my eye prescription changed.  Anyway, if I had know this I would not have gotten her as I now worry about who would take her if something happened to me. My daughter said she would, but I doubt it.  Even if she did I doubt if she would keep her.  I have coronary artery disease and the when I went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago I found out I have something else wrong.  It is not congestive heart failure, but can cause your lungs to fill up the same way.  I don't remember what he called it.  I figure at her age and being kept in the house she will live a long time.

Where is the picture with the dogs?  I never did find it.  Sometimes it is hard to find my way around this site, or to get back to where I was when I wander off on links.  Too much on my mind, I guess.

It will be a while for me as I am packing and trying to find a place to move.  Hopefully I can contribute more when I get settled and doctors appointments out of the way.

Found it Annette.  Thanks for directions.

I meant to say I don't see anything with dogs.  Looks like I might get into trouble today too.  Need to read my own posts before I hit send.  I also need to get off here soon and get busy.  Lots to do when trying to move.

Amanda said:

Annette posted a spread with dogs in it. :D

Am I missing something?  I don' t dogs.

I love this thread!  I've been getting very focused on art journals myself lately, and wanted to share this youtube video about an artist's journal.The Dreamed Journal - Marcus McAllister

NIce work Suzanne and Amanda. . .love your work!

Suzanne love love your saying and bet  the feeling came from the heart.  I use wc paper or pages glued together in a book with gel medium and the gessoed on top of it.  I figure you get enough of our stuff on the pages they will weigh a million pounds and be stiff as a board.  like the different techniques you have on here. xoxoxo 

Susanne Skene said:

Hello: I just thought I'd post my latest AJ page.  I'm trying to take a much more relaxed approach when journalling and wanting to express more of what I'm feeling/thinking than trying to make it a great work of art.  I think I need to understand that this is more of a visual diary that is personal and needs not to be something that meets someone else's approval.  I look forward to seeing more of your journals posted here as I have much to learn.  Some questions I have for those of you that have been doing this for a long time is: what paper do you like to use?  mediums?  what is acrylic gel and distress ink? Thank you for your input and for your willingness to share your AJ pages!

Oh it depends on my mood, I certainly have enough cardstock for sure. I use to go to the scrapbook conventions and they would sell tons of paper for like $5 and I of course had to buy it.  I think I can open a store with it.  So when I scrapbook for others I never charge for the paper I use, gotta get rid of it somehow.   Now I don't scrapbook for  a lot of people,  Just a friends 1 year old and a senior ladies home, love it but that is probably enough wouldn't have time to do our messy art if not.  : ) Havne't tried newspaper, but just my tag board paper and the pages of books.  

Sue, I love the sentiments on your Art Journal page. Thanks so much for sharing!

I am so pleased that you have a fairly instantaneous art form to help you through these rough times, Sue. I imagine that these difficult times with your mum (not to mention your own health) take such a lot of energy that you really need that outlet. And what's more you are producing such beautiful work that you share with us. Thank you!

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2018   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service