ok, So I've started an Art Journal....

I decided to seal the pages that I felt were done...

So I used Mod Podge.. and now some of the pages are sticking together randomly.

What would be a better product to use? I want the pages glossy.

Views: 919

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Kimmie.  I really enjoy making them and they make me feel good.  I can't do much for people as I am on Social Security, but I can send these out once in while. I get the boxes at Hobby Lobby when they are on sale at half price.  They come in round, square, oval, and heart shaped.  I usually get three of them the same in three different sizes as I can stack them and get cheaper postage. They get donations to help with postage, but with times as they are, no one is donating right now.  There is a huge convention in Los Vegas each year where the people who go there can paint. A lot of them are well known artists.  People can base coat the boxes, paint them some color for babies and send them to Los Vegas ahead of time.  They usually do over a thousand or two.  If anyone is interested in doing this you can paint them, use colored pencils, rub ons, stickers, many ways to decorate them. There link is www.memoryboxes.org.  They have all kinds of information on there as well as pictures of finished boxes and patterns.  They have a group on Yahoo but there is little mail, just mostly showing the states that need them. They also give you a hospital close to you to save on postage also, or you can just pick a state.  You send them directly to the hospital, unless you live close enough to deliver them as some do.  They are locked up and one person gives them out.  The parents get to choose which box they want.  When I get started back I would like to do some for twins as I thought of that one day.  They liked the idea as they do get some twins.  You can also make them for different races.  There are so many ways to make them that you don't have to be able to paint.  I haven't been on their web site in quite a while, but one of the prettiest one they had was a butterfly done in color pencil.  There is also a web site that sells domed boxes so you can just paint the boxes and put a baby rattle or what ever you want under the dome on top.  They are real cute. I really wish more would get into it.  They are always in need and have to turn new hospitals down.  They can't keep up with the hospital they have and there are quite a few who do them.......Maggie

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service