Here is a place for us to share quotes and sayings which we might use in our art journal pages. If and when you come across something that makes you smile, makes you think twice, makes you cry, makes you laugh - share it here!

It will be fun to see some (or all!) of these tidbits used in our art journal pages!

Views: 523

Replies to This Discussion

I have quotes I collect in a hand made journal a dear friend gave to me and then on each page have done artwork.  So it is my treasure book.  I dray and paint and watercolor on it and combine the two  together.  

That's a great idea also!

Love these ideas. A friend called a festive drink "Festivity in a glass". I painted a pretty drink on a small panel and wrote the words with it. She was delighted.

I love doing thing like that for people..lol!

This is a great idea! I don't think you are ripping off the soul collage idea. Everyone brings their own ideas to this kind of a project. I encourage each of your to play with the idea and see what you come up with. I guarantee it will have your unique spin on it.

I created a deck of cards, 4x6, with a collage on one side and a quote on the other along with an idea for something fun to enrich your daily life. I call them "enrichuals". There are a few examples in my portfolio of the collaged side of the cards. I'll upload some images of the other side of the card so you can see how they look.

I worked with a professional printer and made decks with a high gloss finish and good color so they can be sold in gift stores as well as given as gifts to my friends and family. I got the idea after finishing The Artist's Way. I was so excited about helping people find daily ways to have more fun and find simple ways to be more creative. 64 cards later I had a deck of fun ideas!

That sounds like a wonderful idea Suzanne...Think too of all the family "wisdon" you could document and pass dpwn to the younger generations!

This is a great idea.  This is something like I wanted to do.  I wanted to paint or draw and have something to show art work also.

Annette Graves said:

I have quotes I collect in a hand made journal a dear friend gave to me and then on each page have done artwork.  So it is my treasure book.  I dray and paint and watercolor on it and combine the two  together.  

This is a good idea also.  Looking forward to the pictures you load.

Suzanne Vadnais Monson said:

This is a great idea! I don't think you are ripping off the soul collage idea. Everyone brings their own ideas to this kind of a project. I encourage each of your to play with the idea and see what you come up with. I guarantee it will have your unique spin on it.

I created a deck of cards, 4x6, with a collage on one side and a quote on the other along with an idea for something fun to enrich your daily life. I call them "enrichuals". There are a few examples in my portfolio of the collaged side of the cards. I'll upload some images of the other side of the card so you can see how they look.

I worked with a professional printer and made decks with a high gloss finish and good color so they can be sold in gift stores as well as given as gifts to my friends and family. I got the idea after finishing The Artist's Way. I was so excited about helping people find daily ways to have more fun and find simple ways to be more creative. 64 cards later I had a deck of fun ideas!

I also have a lot of rubber stamps that would work for this, some have sayings, others you could paint to go with the sayings, either rubber stamp sayings or your own.  Kind of mix and match, with maybe even a little art work included.

I put in an idea for lettering.  Don't see it.  If it doesn't show up I will resend it.

that would be neat!

Here are a couple samples from my 'enrichuals' card deck. I use a quote on each card to set the stage for the card's theme. 

Margaret Hamm (Maggie) said:

This is a good idea also.  Looking forward to the pictures you load.

Suzanne Vadnais Monson said:

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service