You asked for it(or at least several of you did LOL), our next “In the Style of” master is Russian Abstract artist Vasily Kandinsky. A friend recommended using him as one of our artists before I started my list but I didn’t recognize the name…. until I looked at some of his paintings. Then BAM! I realized his paintings were some of my favorites from an Art History course I took a million years ago.

He is commonly known for his colorful paintings of shapes and free flowing lines (a style he developed after WWI and very different from his early art). He established two groups of works/kinds of painting –Compositions and Improvisations. The title Compositions implies that the arrangements of geometric shapes used were purposely planned and ordered. The Improvisations, on the other, hand were completely the opposite, being totally unplanned and prompted on by subconscious feeling. He completely eliminated the real subject matter of his works by focusing entirely on the “emotional and psychological” properties of color, line, and shape. He thought the artist’s true self could be expressed entirely by color.

Each participant will have 2 partners and be responsible for making one regulation size ATC for each. The deadline to sign up will be November 8 and partners will be posted Nov. 10. The ATCs will need to be posted no later than Dec.9. If your address is *private* please make sure to PM your address to your swap partners in order to receive your cards. Make sure to mark these dates on your calendar!

I think the results of this swap should be pretty interesting to say the least =)

http://www.guggenheim.org/new-york/collections/collection-online/ar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7iuEzHsF64&list=PL60DB8CA84D90...

http://www.wassilykandinsky.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassily_Kandinsky

Swap list:

1. Stacy Woolsey-Jen Osslow, Sandi DeLoge
  2. Susanne Skene-Hema K, Amanda Webster
  3. Maureen Craddock-Sharon Nelson, Rosemary
  4. Carol Quinlan-Dawnyelle Moore, Kim Hogan
  5. Judy Schaffer Firneno-Rosemary, Jacqueline
  6. Sharon Oppenheimer-Riya, Jacqueline
  7. Jen Osslow-Maureen Craddock, Annaliess T
  8. Annaliess T-Stacy Woolsey, Theresa Graeve
  9. Dawnyelle Moore-Christine Sharbrough, Amanda Webster
  10. Sharon Nelson-Susanne Skene, Sandi Deloge
  11. Theresa Graeve-BlueEagle, Christine Sharbrough
  12. Sheila Dunn (US partners)- BlueEagle, Judy Schaffer Firneno
  13. Pat-Judy Schaffer Firneno, Sheila Dunn
  14. Hema K-Sharon Oppenheimer, Kim Hogan
  15. BlueEagle(Mavi Rodriguez)-Sharon Nelson, Carol Quinlan
  16. Amanda Webster-Dabau Singh-Heer, Kathleen Sidor
  17. Kathleen A. Sidor -Carol Quinlan, Desiree Veltsema
  18. Christine Sharbrough-Sheila Dunn, Riya
  19. Debbie Rippie-Maureen Craddock, Pat
  20. Bill Linthwaite-Sharon Oppenheimer, Dabau Singh-Heer
  21. Jacqueline(Jackie Davidson)-Bill Linthwaite, Hema K
  22. Rosemary-Dawnyelle Moore, Kathleen Sidor
  23. Sandi DeLoge-Bill Linthwaite, Theresa Graeve
  24. Kim Hogan-Debbie Rippie, Desiree Veltsema
  25. Dabau Singh-Heer-Jen Ossolw, Debbie Rippie
  26. Desiree Veltsema-Pat, Annaliess T
  27. Riya-Stacy Woolsey, Susanne Skene

Views: 4272

Replies to This Discussion

Yesterday I received this lovely Kandinsky atc from Christine. I just love it, thank you so much Christine.

Brilliant Christine
I received my Kandinsky from Susanne just after Christmas along with a beautiful card and a lovely vintage recipe card. I loved receiving all of or Susanne! The ATC inspired by Murnau street with women is so vibrant.. With oil pastel and pencil. Thank you so much.
I'm doing this from my phone. I will have to post the pic later... Sorry... I can't see how to do it !

This wonderful Kandinski ATC was made by Kathleen Sidor. She also sent me another beautifully sparkling ATC and these gorgeous earrings. Thanks you so much Kathleen!

And the lovely ones were made by Kim Hogan. Thank you so much Kim, I absolutely love the bright colours!

Wonderful, Kim and Kathleen !!

sharon oppenheimer said:

Wonderful, Kim and Kathleen !! Thank you! When I see the beautiful and inspired work of others-well-it does drive one on, does it not? I wish I knew what I was doing instead of blundering on at times. :>)

Just beautiful Desiree! You are one lucky lady!

Desiree said:

This wonderful Kandinski ATC was made by Kathleen Sidor. She also sent me another beautifully sparkling ATC and these gorgeous earrings. Thanks you so much Kathleen!

And the lovely ones were made by Kim Hogan. Thank you so much Kim, I absolutely love the bright colours!

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service