What is your favorite program to use when you want to create digital art?

Do you prefer to use a tablet & pen or old fashioned mouse & mouse pad?

For me, I fell in love with PhotoImpact after taking an online class and currently use PhotoImpact X3.  In the past I have used various programs including Paint Shop Pro 6 & 7.  

Although I have a Walcom tablet, pen and mouse, I find myself working more with my regular mouse more than anything else.

I look forward to hearing from everyone!

Views: 611

Replies to This Discussion

I love ArtRage! I use it on my iPad with a stylus and it is great. I often use it to plan out paintings I'm going to do on canvas.

Amanda said:

You all should try ArtRage . I have STudio Pro. It feels very much like painting, sketching and chalking. I have an online digital design business, and use AR, Paint.net, and PSE interchangeably. Getting the hang of the pen and tablet is simply a matter of practice. I got used to it in a week's time. I would never draw with the mouse, as there is no fluidity.  Got my tablet and pen from Amazon at a huge discount. Recommend that too.  If you are having "jaggies", there are steps to be rid of them without having to use Illustrator or full PS. One tip is to apply a guassian blur at 1 pixel. If still jaggy, add it again. More than two pixels will blur. :)

I use photoshop CS6, and Artrage4,  I use a wacom pen tablet.

I am also using Artrage on my IPAD and have also been having a great time with Pen 53 for quick sketches!  I also downloaded an app called iPastel and it seems to have potential for some fun stuff!!

Lori Link said:

I love ArtRage! I use it on my iPad with a stylus and it is great. I often use it to plan out paintings I'm going to do on canvas.

Amanda said:

You all should try ArtRage . I have STudio Pro. It feels very much like painting, sketching and chalking. I have an online digital design business, and use AR, Paint.net, and PSE interchangeably. Getting the hang of the pen and tablet is simply a matter of practice. I got used to it in a week's time. I would never draw with the mouse, as there is no fluidity.  Got my tablet and pen from Amazon at a huge discount. Recommend that too.  If you are having "jaggies", there are steps to be rid of them without having to use Illustrator or full PS. One tip is to apply a guassian blur at 1 pixel. If still jaggy, add it again. More than two pixels will blur. :)

Are any of you using Procreate on the iPad. It is an awesome program and they just did an upgrade with many new features. Also Art Studio is a great one. It has the clone stamp, dodge and burn and many other features that are in PSE and Photoshop. Art Set just introduced Art Set Pro and it has some great features as well and now more undos but still only one layer.

I use adobe photoshop CS6, adobe photoshop elements 12, adobe illustrator, and artrage4.  I use a wacom pen tablet also.

Hi everyone!

New here...I have Artrage and Photoshop C6 but use PS most of the time for drawing my bear calendar images. I got most of my tips and instruction through Will Terry, a children's illustrator from Utah in the US & SVS (School of Visual Storytelling). I use a textured brush from a pattern imported to get the drawing effect in my work. Here is a sample of one of my digital drawings from last years calendar and I am working a current drawing for 2015. Still working on the style of my work that I;ll be using eventually for my bear books soon. Hoping to gather inspiration for others here and useful tips and information! 

I use Clip Studio Paint! It's usually pretty expensive, but I got it through a $15 sale they had and just...fell in love. I was using Paint Tool SAI, when I was strictly on a PC. But since that's not available for a Mac, which i have now, I had to find other options. I also use photoshop on occasion, and i'm pretty familiar with Illustrator too. 

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and group,but I have creating digital art for years. My Favorite computer programs (I use a PC) are Photoshop CS6 and Corel Painter. I use a Wacom Intuos5 tablet for these programs. My new favorite is my iPad Pro, which I now use more often than my computer. My favorite app is Procreate.

The first  painting is one I did using Painter on my computer. And the second one is one I created on my iPad Pro.

Wow - I am afraid the learning curve for some of these fantastic programs is a bit too much for me. I do like ArtFlow and I use a Nexus 7.

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service