I have started drawing a portrait in pencil and the preliminary sketch is beginning to form, but wondering if you can draw sketches of the eyes, nose, lips and ears in various stages then post during a work in progress?  Here is the preliminary drawing, and later on I noticed that I could maybe draw features as a practice too!  Might start some drawings of features and send them in too? I feel that I need to work more on the eyes in detail and ear too.....

Views: 79

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

very nice-:>)

As a teen I sketched only the features I wanted to work on … pages and pages of them. When it came time to put it all together, I began to notice a big improvement in the overall subject I had drawn. It works very well!!

Thankyou Pris, I am starting some pencil portraits again as need to draw from observation and practice structure and form with nose, eyes ,ears and lips, and cheek-bones.

Might practice a study each day as haven't done much drawing for portraits in a while. 

Regards Angela

Thankyou Kathleen, I felt inspired from an old photo of this boy who was my grandmother's brother. He was a chorister in York Minster choir but tragically was killed by a horse and cart one day  and died aged 14 years. My grandmother had his photo displayed on her wall, and he looked so Angelic and then last year my cousin sent me a family history chart and posted this photo of John. I attempted his portrait the other evening but feel I need more practice in developing pencil drawing of features. 

kathleen a sidor said:

Angela Harrison said:

Thankyou Kathleen, I felt inspired from an old photo of this boy who was my grandmother's brother. He was a chorister in York Minster choir but tragically was killed by a horse and cart one day  and died aged 14 years. My grandmother had his photo displayed on her wall, and he looked so Angelic and then last year my cousin sent me a family history chart and posted this photo of John. I attempted his portrait the other evening but feel I need more practice in developing pencil drawing of features. 

kathleen a sidor said:

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service