So I have been experimenting with a series of different things and I have come to the following revelations:
1. I am the artist and what I say goes! Thats it! my mediums are my choice and if I want to step out of the box I will do so. The world will just have to keep up.
2. I fell in love with using acrylics on watercolour paper and I believe I will continue to put my art of this. It gives a matte and very realistic finish which is phenomenal.
3. As my skills improve I am realizing that I am being drawn into a particular type of painting. Of course I thought that would not be possible because I am too much of a dynamic person to settle for one type of portrayal. But it happened......I am into realism and I absolutely love painting people. AAnnddd....I love painting nudity. Who the hell would have thought that I can watch naked people. I am learning to appreciate so many things about the human body and art it is amazing.
4. My experiments with glazing was a success which can be seen in my last three paintings. So I am sure I am going to try and incorporate this into more of my work. I have already selected some nature scenes from photos I took in Mayaro and at the Caura River. This will be taking it to a different level, but the only way I will know if I can is to try and be proud of whatever is created.
5. My brushes are dying. I did not know that bristles get warn and become short. So this was a shocker for me but I am up to any challenge at this point.
6. Finally, I am soooooo happy with my progress. I still have some bastards around me who are trying to keep me down. I have a really good friend who encourages me to continue. If I draw a line he sees potential in it......and I like that.
7. The experiments will continue, for sure..............The Dr. is out!